The Nutrition Information Systems Laboratory (NISLAB) is an interdisciplinary university research group studying the design, development and effect of Information Systems in Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics, e-Health and e-Government.
The new website of the laboratory is under construction and more information about the lab and its activities will be available soon. Some basic information about current activities can be found below:
European Research Projects
NISLAB is currently involved in the following EU research projects:
Other research activities
– Dietary assessment web application(s) for use in educational and research activities (hosted by the lab and provided free of use to students and researchers)
– Lifestyle monitoring framework using wearable sensors and mobile apps
– A universal semantic model, database and API for describing food, nutrients, portion sizes and other information relevant to Nutritional Sciences.
– A user- and machine-understandable compilation of Greek Food Composition tables
– An ICT model for the automatic monitoring and statistical analysis of the nutritional quality of food over time (National Observatories)
Hosted applications (apps.nutr.ihu.gr):
– e-CLASS: Asynchronous learning system based on Moodle