The Nutrition Information Systems Laboratory (NISLAB) is an interdisciplinary university research group studying the design, development and effect of Information Systems in Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics, e-Health and e-Government.
Some basic information about current activities can be found below:
European Research Projects
NISLAB is currently involved in the following EU research projects:
Other research activities
– Dietary assessment web application(s) for use in educational and research activities (hosted by the lab and provided free of use to students and researchers)
– Lifestyle monitoring framework using wearable sensors and mobile apps
– A universal semantic model, database and API for describing food, nutrients, portion sizes and other information relevant to Nutritional Sciences.
– A user- and machine-understandable compilation of Greek Food Composition tables
– An ICT model for the automatic monitoring and statistical analysis of the nutritional quality of food over time (National Observatories)
Developed & Hosted applications (apps.nutr.ihu.gr):
NISLAB is currently developing, maintaining and hosting the following Web applications:
|e-CLASS||Asynchronous learning management system|
|NUTR.IHU Questionnaires||Secure questionnaire development and deployment platform|